Skip to main content

Introduction

I am Pranav Ballaney, an undergraduate, studying Biology and Computer Science in India. I will be working with the National Resource for Network Biology over the summer of 2021, as part of Google Summer of Code.

During the project development, I will document my progress through weekly posts on this blog, and I would love to hear your thoughts!

My project this summer is about building a simulator for SBML models using Rust. Lately, Rust is being used extensively for building bioinformatics tools due to better memory management and faster execution. My project aims to demonstrate the suitability of Rust for an SBML simulator. I will start by building a parser for SBML models and then build a simulator that implements the Euler and Runge-Kutta methods. The project will especially focus on security, memory safety, performance and ease of development.

Thanks for reading!

Comments